How To Get Missouri Medical Marijuana Card By 2022?
Are you interested in getting a Missouri Medical Marijuana Card? This is the place for you. This article will help you in understanding, process of applying for and receiving your recommendation letter for medical marijuana. This information is kept current to ensure accuracy and make your journey as easy as possible. Continue reading to learn more.
Who Can Apply For Missouri Medical Marijuana Card?
To be eligible for Missouri medical marijuana card or a Missouri physician’s certificate, patients must be at least 18 years of age.
The Caregiver must be 21 years old or older. For medical cannabis and cannabinoid-based medications, those under 18 must have a designated primary caregiver (although this may not be necessary for FDA-approved Epidiolex.
An individual can apply for an MMJ ID card even if convicted of possession. The card can be revoked if the card is reissued for criminal conduct.
What Is An MMJ Card Permit For Missouri?
These are the current possession restrictions that Missouri medical marijuana permits.
- Maximum 4 oz Every 30 Days
The Department of Health can limit marijuana possession, providing it is no less than a 60-day supply.
Two physicians must sign patient’s recommendation/certification for amounts greater than the possession limit. Missouri does not allow recreational cannabis use.
How Do I Apply For A Missouri Medical Cannabis Card?
In just four easy steps, you can apply for your Missouri Medical Marijuana Card:
1. Register Online
It’s fast and simple! Telemedicine platform is state-of-the-art and secure.
2. Make An Appointment And Be Approved
It is fast, simple, and HIPAA-compliant. Most appointments take less than 15 minutes. Once your appointment is approved, the doctor will electronically submit your information to the state.
3. You Can Complete The Application Online At Missouri DHSS
This must be done within thirty days of receiving your Certification. To match your application to the physician certificate, you will need your SSN. Within 30 days of receiving the completed application, the department will approve or deny it.
4. Your Medical Marijuana Card Will Arrive Via Email
Missouri does not currently issue physical medical marijuana cards. After your application reviewed and approved, the state will send you an electronic medical cannabis card.
After receiving your electronic medical marijuana ID card, you can log in to the Missouri Medical Marijuana Portal at any time for additional information.
What Conditions Are Required To Obtain Medical Marijuana Cards In Missouri?
A growing number of medical conditions can qualify patients for a Missouri medical marijuana card. These are the conditions that qualify for a Missouri MMJ ID Card:
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Crohn’s Disease and Other Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Debilitating Psychiatric Conditions (if diagnosed by a state-licensed psychiatrist).
- Hepatitis C
- Huntington’s Disease
- Intractable Migraines (Unresponsive to Other Treatments)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS),
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (If a state-licensed psychiatrist has diagnosed you)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Wasting Syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that causes persistent, severe pain or muscle spasms.
- A chronic medical condition that is usually treated with prescription medication. This could lead to psychological or physical dependence. When a doctor determines that medical marijuana would be more effective than prescription medication and that it would be safer, the physician may recommend medical marijuana.
- Any Terminal Illness
- For any other chronic, debilitating, a doctor must rule out other medical conditions.
You can discuss any of these conditions during your consultation on the telemedicine platform with a licensed physician from your state. This will help our physician determine if medical marijuana might be good option for you.
What Documents I Need To Apply For Medical Cannabis Card?
You will need identification documents to apply for your Missouri MMJ Card. The following documents should be gathered:
- Address proof
- Optional medical records
These documents can be found in the following formats.
- Driver’s license
- Valid US Passport
- A state-issued ID card
Acceptable Proof Of Residency
- Statement from the bank
- Utility bill
- Correspondence to a state department
- Rent or mortgage agreement
Medical Records (Optional)
- Progress notes
- Health summary
- List of diagnoses
- Medication list
- Pictures of prescription bottles